A smile is worth a thousand words…but none are forthcoming Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I'm a professor of medicine and an author in my early fifties. Like you, I’ve run through a few scams and disappoints in life. Considered good looking and fit, fnancially independent with my own home in central Ohio, and a romantic, sensitive nature.

My question is: is there something wrong with my profile or post? Every woman I write to hasn’t checked the match site in over a month. This is the first time trying this way of reaching out at the suggestion of a friend. I’ve invited women to begin by calling me and provided my pager and phone number….nothing. What am I missing here? Is the site a scam? Looking for some female advice. Drbob.

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 4Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 12, 2016 at 02:38 PM

Maybe you sound too good to be real.

• View author's info Posted on May 25, 2014 at 11:56 AM

You need a PICTURE...I won't respond to anyone without a picture...

• View author's info Posted on Feb 04, 2014 at 11:44 PM

maybe it is because you have not  added a picture I would not answer anything from someone who has not, I know it takes a lot of courage to do so and like the lady above am very new to this site but at least I have added an honest picture or I might as well forget it.

Good luck from sunny Cyprus.

• View author's info Posted on Jul 20, 2012 at 09:48 AM

Hi Dr. Bob,
    here is my advise,  if you are given away your phone#, e-mails..etc before even getting to know the person. that sounds desperate, scare!. I'm sure the right person at right time will contact your e-mail.
    I just joined the site, I don't know how good is this site.
    good luck from Sunny Florida!
Follow - email me when people comment