What age gap is acceptable? for Older women and younger men Relationship Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Feb 02, 2018 at 06:33 PM

I agree with Hopeful 55. Been divorced for years and have dated men from 20 years younger to 5 years older. It depends upon the individuals. The age difference never mattered to me. It really depends upon that "special attraction" and if you have enough like interests to keep it going. If you fall in love, it's great. 

• 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2017 at 02:21 PM

My last partner was 20 years younger than I. We were together for 20 years. It was the most wonderful 20 years of my life, but I was realistic. Eventually, he would want children, and when he started mentioning that issue, it was over for me. I set him free and we are best friends today. 

• View author's info Posted on Sep 07, 2017 at 11:43 PM

There is an acceptable and realistic age gap for a successful relationship. I read recently,that people closer in age have a greater chance of success. Personally, I have always been attracted to older women and have had three relationships with older women ranging from 8 to 13 years in Difference. In two of them,we simply wanted different things out of life. In the third and longest relationship we were simply at different stages of our life, I was 22 she was 35. So, my take on the age game is that its complicated and there is no difinative answer to the question. 

• View author's info Posted on May 04, 2017 at 01:12 PM

Age is just a number, but I would feel strange dating a man my adult kids's age or gasp, my adult grandson's age. It's been my experience, having been hit on by dozens of younger men, they are only looking for a fantasy with a sexy older woman, not a love relationship.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM

As long as the male is over 21, my guess would be whichever age gap is comfortable for both parties.  I once had a crush on an celebrity who was 20 years my junior but it was safe.....he never knew!  Realistically, for me, I would be comfortable with a male no younger than 10 years my junior....as he would have experienced much of what life has to offer him.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2013 at 12:57 AM

If two people love each other what is the big deal about how much older,or younger either one is? Love is blind,and we should be blind to age when it comes to love.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 11, 2013 at 06:53 PM

It does depend. If it is just between those two people any age gap is fine.

If it is public then 10 years acceptable.

Private is best initially.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2013 at 09:53 PM

Why 8 years? Why not 5 or 10? 

• View author's info Posted on Oct 01, 2012 at 09:14 PM

Half your age plus 8.  Anything that old or older is acceptable!
Follow - email me when people comment