Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent by TermsFeed

Building Long Distance Relationships Relationship

• View author's info Posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 03:18 PM

So I am getting many winks and requests to communicate from people many miles from where I live.  I'd love some feedback from others who have done this successfully, or not!  CD

• 9Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Skype or other video calls, let you know that who you are writing to is "really" who you are writing to...if the other person is fake. They won't video call...

• View author's info Posted on Dec 05, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I met my late husband on a dating line and it was a long distance.  We emailed and phoned for many months.  Then he bought a ticket from England to TX.  There he asked me to marry him and I said yes.  We were married and I moved to England.  After 6 years we moved to the states.  We spent 9 1/2 wonderful years togother before he passed.  So it does work.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 03, 2015 at 01:22 PM

I wish I could leave State blank or use "Please ask me" :-)

In my case I want to relocate, and I have a short list of preferred states. I expect that a lot of "searchers" are like me and only read the state before going to the next photo.

Dennis

• View author's info Posted on Dec 03, 2015 at 01:02 PM

The Elephant in the room!

Has any one tried Skype?

• View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2014 at 04:02 PM

A few years ago (2008, I met someone online.  He lived in NY outside of Manhattan.  I lived in Ontaio.

We chatted a lot.  We had so much in commo it was spooky, but when we actually met, it didn't work out.

And that's life.

Every relationship takes effort.  A long distance romance, if it works out, eventually comes down to this question:  Which one of us is going to move?

And that is another question.   

• View author's info Posted on Jul 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Long distance is difficult, but they are not all scammers.  Some of them maybe moving to a new location and want to make some friends in advance to make it easier.  It takes a long time to get to know people even online.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 30, 2012 at 05:17 PM

Have FAITH ladies and gentlemen...A long distance relationship CAN work, if both parties want it to!! Remember, LOVE will find a way!
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Hi, My name is Marvel and I have been on different dating sites and I have found it is hard to have a relationship long distance. You don't know if they are who they say they are or live where they say they live. I have had numerous long distance relationships or chatting and they have all been scammers. If they ask questions about you and don't share any information about you look out
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 12, 2011 at 03:12 PM

Long distance relationships can be fun. The problem is they rarely last. It is easier for someone to find love with another that lives closer to him/her. Sad, but true.