Talk is cheap About men Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 16, 2011 at 03:58 PM

Met someone online. He's really good to me. We've gone out 5 mos.He evoked, "I love you" and marriage first.We get along well. We're both in our 50's.WE enjoy one another's company a lot. Problem is, when I discuss marriage or him getting out of his lease early(he mentions this also)he changes the subject, or seems irritated. I am only adding his comments. He tells others we are getting married also. I am confused.
    At our age, we have looked a long time to find ea other. Should I dump him, I feel like he is all talk and we will never go further. His last 2 relationships were 14 and 5 yrs. He never married either of them.
    On NYE he had me wear this 3 carat wedding ring, "for the night only." He insisted I wear it.
    Also, he promised we would go to So America and he delays it each month. Is he all talk? Please give only constructive advice.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 10Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2018 at 04:36 PM

Move on, he is not worth it, it is obvious he does not want to get married.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 05, 2018 at 11:36 AM

How a person acts in the past is a huge indicator of the future. If you want marriage make sure you run a background check on this guy. Trust me my x Wes wonderful until I was out over 100,000🤦🏻‍♀️

• View author's info Posted on Feb 16, 2018 at 06:34 PM

The best predictor of future performance is past performance.  Are you kidding, run fast, get away while you still can!!

• View author's info Posted on Oct 19, 2015 at 09:01 AM

Simple answer:

Move on. Forget him.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 27, 2013 at 01:52 PM

I don't thnk you really need to ask anyone's opinion.  You know in your heart that something does not feel right. Why would he have you wear a ring for one night?  That would have sent me runnng,I would hae thought he was using me as a prop only he and the devil knows. He doesn't sound serious and there are a lot of con men out there and a lot of men that don't want you to get too close for some very good reasons. Thnk with your head not your heart. Listen the your intiuition,it's not as likely to let you down like your heart. 

• View author's info Posted on Aug 09, 2013 at 09:21 PM

I would be like most the men...why buy the cow when you get the milk for free....well ladies, why buy the pig when he's all about giving theĀ free sausage.....don't take the bait....it's not worth it...
    "nothing is permanent and at the end it will be not about how much security you have acquired but more about the number of days you lived in satisfaction in each day"
    The sad part is ladies will stick by the man, but in all honesty, if he's afraid of something permanent.....shut it down.....and get him out of your life......he's just using you.....
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2013 at 08:36 AM

I realize I'm posting on very old  topic's, However, I'm new here and like others questioning my frame of mind signing up for 3 months. The bottom line is, he , or she has to show up for life. If there is procrastination on either part without explination, or wanting to talk about it.chances are it just isnt going to happen. I'm still holding out for the one that steps up, no doubts, dive into life with me and just... show up for life... ;)..K
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 12, 2012 at 05:10 PM

Looks to me like the economics haven't been sorted out at all. If he won't engage in serious and binding money discussions and mutually agreeable action (married or otherwise), and especially won't make good on a promise that will cost him some bucks, I'd say you are being taken for a ride. Won't even go into how tacky and superficial the ring thing was.
  • View author's info Posted on May 23, 2011 at 04:36 PM

Sounds like a talker not a walker

• View author's info Posted on Mar 17, 2011 at 05:44 PM

Maybe the problem is your attachment to marriage and all it's
    expectations (ie. if I fall out of love with you I will suck it in out of loyalty), and then the divorce, which is not only stressful to say the least, but wait till the lawyers come into the picture to foster conflict and entitlement thoughts which, for some serve as revenge compensation for lost love.
    Why not try living for each day in the full knowledge that nothing is permanent and at the end it will be not about how much security you have acquired but more about the number of days you lived in satisfaction in each day?

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment