Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent by TermsFeed

Facial Hair About men

• View author's info Posted on Aug 21, 2015 at 05:01 PM

I have noticed that about 75% of men over the age of 60, and maybe younger, are sporting facial hair these days. Why? Personally, I find it to be a turn off. To me it's not clean, and I'd avoid the bristles. Are the men getting lazy and don't want to spend the time shaving, or are they hiding an ugle scar or something? I know that those same men would avoid me if I didn't carefully groom my hair and apply make-up. They'd find me plain and unappealing, but the women are expected to accept the furry face. Color me picky about the prickly face.

• 19Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 25, 2019 at 04:02 AM

I agree with you about facial hair.  It is a turnoff for me as well.  In those cases where men post more than one photo and I can see their face without facial hair, it is always better!

• View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2019 at 11:11 PM

To shave or not to shave, is that the question?  I humbly offer (strictly my own) opinion that for every woman who doesn't like facial hair, thinks they are unsanitary, etc., etc., there is another woman who absolutely loves a man with facial hair.  It could be a beard & mustache, or short & scruffy just like the actors in that old 70's (or 80's?) TV show, "Miami Vice."  Everyone has their preferences.

On the other hand, there are men who love to see their women with lots of makeup, coiffed hair, lipstick, false eyelashes and they are happy as clams.  Other men would prefer their mates to be more "au naturel."  Some men think women look their best with short hair while others think that the longer hair a woman has, the lovelier she looks TO THEM.  

And that is the point.  Women have their preferences, and so do men.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2019 at 12:52 PM

I don't like facial hair on them either. Besides it being unsanitary it's not sexy at all. I like smooth skin. 

• View author's info Posted on Jul 20, 2019 at 11:25 AM

Yes, I’m the same. It has to be close cut not looking like a fried foot long bird's nest.

It makes me wonder if there is food hiding in there or something.

I absolutely love beards though...facial hair period is attractive to me.

• View author's info Posted on May 29, 2019 at 12:39 PM

I prefer a man with facial hair whether it be a beard or moustache as long as it's neat.

• View author's info Posted on May 22, 2019 at 01:30 PM

Another dreadful First World problem. What to do?

• View author's info Posted on May 19, 2019 at 11:53 AM

Truthfully , its the style now...

• View author's info Posted on Mar 08, 2019 at 03:26 AM

A beard is a choice. Young men or well-seasoned men's beards abound. Most men keep their beards clean and well groomed. You mentioned 75% of us have beards, probably so but that would only leave you 25% of men to choose from. Oh, the scruffy beard has been in style now for at least the past 20 years. Just sayin'.

• View author's info Posted on Mar 03, 2019 at 09:29 PM

As others have said, speaking strictly for myself, I am clean shaven and I expect a hairy woman to shave legs and pits, just what I grew up with.  I have had beards and 'staches, but my chin hair turned grizzled at an early age, tho head hair stayed somewhat dark, so vanity dictated that I shave.  But lately I've realised that as much as I enjoy going down on a woman (what's acceptable here?), I didn't used to think about bristly chin hair against tender thighs, but now I figure I probably wouldn't like it on my thighs.  So another reason to shave.

• View author's info Posted on Mar 03, 2019 at 08:07 AM

Most of the men you're talking about have had to shave their entire working life.

When they retire facial hair is a sign of their freedom from things they disliked from their work life. ie. David Letterman

• View author's info Posted on Sep 18, 2018 at 04:44 PM

I cannot stand facial hair on men, to me it just looks disgusting and unclean, a clean shaven face is much more presentable.

• View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2018 at 12:20 PM

I've had a beard since the age of twenty-one. Since a beard is natural for men, why not? On the other hand, shaving every day, or often, is totally unnatural.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2018 at 03:02 PM

Oh I love a man with a beard or mustache as long as its well groomed but I see your point. 

• View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2018 at 01:04 PM

I have a mustache & goatee, I grew them for my image as a Stage Magician and never changed it. Most women i have met like it. and I keep them trimmed and clean.

• View author's info Posted on Nov 09, 2017 at 06:38 PM

The way a person chooses to adorn themselves, or not, as the case may be, makes each person individual and fantastic, something to be celebrated. I personally love makeup because it makes me feel my best. I have friends who love going natural and look great. I love beards or a shaven face on guys, whatever feels comfortable and best to the guy. And you know, some of us ladies, most of us, have to do things to take care of facial hair too, ha ha.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2017 at 05:12 PM

The answer to that is simple, they might be planning a trip to the Alaskan tundra and have to build a quick igloo to escape the bitter cold, the beard and mustache help them not get frostbite on thier facial area.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 12, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Id say just look for those that shave... Hair is a natural thing, a personal preference, it can keep you warm in the winter. And many women like facial hair on men.... Makeup on a woman turns me off by the way. Women do this to make themselves look something that they are not. Might as well wear a mask.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 30, 2016 at 09:39 PM

I'm 66 and have had my stash since I was 20. The beard is only about 5 years old and it is due to lazyness. Got tired of shaving daily.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 19, 2015 at 08:54 AM

Sorry you feel that way.

I can't speak for others, but personally I feel I look better with a beard & moustache.

I don't wish to try looking like some young buck. I know better.

Not all facial hair is created equal. Mine is soft and I sense you've been exposed to brillo pads.