Copyright © 2001-2021 SeniorMatch.com / SuccessfulMatch.com. All rights reserved.
SeniorMatch does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.
1,Call to see if you can pick up anything on the way home from work.
2,Send a dozen roses: 11 red roses and 1 white one. The note: "In every bunch there's one who stands out - and you are that one."
3,Float a love note in a bottle in the bathtub.
4,Call him at work and say: "Hello handsome! Are you free tonight?"
5,"The art of love ... is largely the art of persistence" Dr Albert Ellis
6,Get tulips and attach this note: "I've got two-lips waiting for you!"
7,You can also get some heart-shaped pillows.
8,Always have tapes of romantic music in your car.
9,Hire a masseuse to give your partner a professional massage at home.
10,Something for the anniversary.... a lottery ticket and a note: "I hit the jackpot when I married you."
By targatt, Ontario, Canada
1,Never forget to give compliments to your beloved so that they don't feel neglected.
2,Never make fun of your beloved in front of your friends.
3,Prepare a calendar of all the special days, which you spent together.
4,Take out some time to create a photo album or even a collage of all your romantic photographs.
5,Present your loved one with a thoughtful and romantic gift once in a week.
6,Nothing would be better than spending a relaxing evening with your beloved and discussing the topics of interest with him or her.
7,Make use of the power of touch in order to convey your love to him or her.
8,Read romantic books together.
9,Try to make your beloved feel special and important.
10,Keep on giving sweet surprises to your cherished lover, which would make them fall in love with you over and over again.
By drewharris, Missouri, United States
Here's what I believe in: The couple that plays is the couple that stays.
It doesn't matter how long you've been together with a person, be it months, years, or decades. If you want a healthy relationship, you must NOT become lazy and let the romance die.
With that said, here are a few ways to romance your partner:
1. Have a candlelight dinner.
2. Take her star or moon gazing.
3. Compliment her in front of people.
4. Hug her and kiss her when she comes home.
5. Give her a terrific massage.
6. Surprise her by doing her chores without asking. Use the free time to snuggle.
7. Have a picnic with her.
8. Flirt with her and be playful.
9. Hug her from behind and kiss her neck when she is not expecting it.
10. Pick up the groceries for a dinner that you can cook together.
By Tayozz, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Woman just loves to get attention from their men and thus you must be attentive to your women. In fact, the attention comes in a romantic way your woman will surely them and reciprocate them. So, if you are looking for top romantic tips for her check out the tips below and see how your bonding in the relationship becomes more strong and your relationship becomes an ever lasting one.
Plan surprise picnic for her and take her to the place blindfolded. Open her and see how she giggles with joy. You can plan the picnic either in park or on the roof of your hose or garden. Select decorative tables, chairs and cutlery set and ask the violinist to play the tunes of her favorite music.
Send her a bouquet of her favorite flowers and send a note that you wish to see her now as you are missing her badly.
Send the best romantic massage on personalized manner and let the world know what she means to you.
By fly_boy305, Florida, United states
Surprise! There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner with someone she loves... Men get aroused by the smells of cinnamon buns, vanilla, and pumpkin pie, according to studies conducted by Hirsch.
By 77ttaatt, Illinois, United States
When you fall in love , you need to say and remand your partner all the time. When you are not together also. Write hundred messages in small piece of paper"I love you" and put every where , where you can put it under pillow, in books, in mail box, in pockets of your partner clothes, in car ....anywhere you can.
By goodtogo2008, Florida, United States
Have we really lost the romance? Or have we set ourselves up- comparing our relationships with the highly unlikely scenarios dreamed up by writers to keep audience numbers high?
Tales of legendary romances have been told throughout all time- Romeo and Juliet. My concern is not with the content, but the sheer VOLUME of romance we are exposed to today through the media. It's a wonderful, emotional experience- crying your heart out with happiness when the boy finally gets the girl, addicting almost, and therein lies the problem.
We look for this feeling in our relationships. I have heard my gal friends gush. If only John would make me insert ridiculous thing, let's say a hoopah. I've said similar things myself. Honestly, would most women want that? No. A hoopah is a large wooden structure that makes a sort-of arch, it is sometimes used in weddings. If a man were to make one of those, they would be spending all their time working on that large, not very useful structure, instead of you. Which would the average woman prefer? Plus, unless your boyfriends a carpenter, that's just a strange choice for a hobby and they'd probably hurt themselves. My advice? Don't wait around for an overly dramatic Romeo- we all know how that story ended.
Epic relationships are usual full of heartache and too much drama. Enjoy your special someone for who they are, not what they do for you, and remember that it's the rarity of the truly breath-taking moments in you life that makes them so, you know, breath-taking!
By LilZebra, Oakland, California, United States
Telling her "I Love You' is like music to her ears. When you tell her you love her, it builds intimacy and a sense of connection. Here are five romantic ideas for both the first timer and the seasoned romantic.
1.Create a CD- A CD is a timeless treasure that she she will cherish for a very long time.
2.Write her a poem- A poem is a great way to express your feelings and it is also a keepsake.Usually, action speaks louder than words.
3.Announce it live on the air- Call into a live radio program on her favorite station.
4.Purchase an ad in her favorite magazine or newspaper.
5.Send her a love letter- In the age of text messages, email, Facebook and Twitter, we rarely expect to receive snail mail.
There are so many ways to say "I Love You" so find the ways that best suits your personality and continue to express your love for her regularly. You can never tell her "I Love You" too much.
By Ukrainochka, Odessa, Odeska Oblast, Ukraine
Let's face it, no matter what mood you're in, it's always a delightful surprise to find a hidden love note somewhere. The next time you want to show your amorous side, think about leaving a little "I love you" or a "I miss you!" love note someplace special and unexpected. For ideas on where to place them, see below:
1. Inside your partner's towel.
2. Inside a book your love is currently reading.
3. Taped behind a cupboard.
4. Behind your partner's car sun visor.
5. On their pillow.
6. Inside their shoe.
7. Taped to their favorite beverage.
8. The bottom (outside) of a clear glass.
9. Hanging on a doorknob.
10. Taped on the backside of the remote control.
11. Inside the microwave. (Where they'll immediately see it.)
12. Inside your partner's wallet or purse.
13. Laminated in a bubble bath.
14. Very large, taped on an outside window.
15. Attached to your love's key chain.
16. In your mailbox.
17. On the ceiling, above your bed.
18. In your partner's drawer.
19. Inside a CD or movie sleeve.
20. Inside your love's favorite coffee cup.
By Ukrainochka, Odessa, Odeska Oblast, Ukraine
No matter what women say, they like an old fashioned gentleman. There are some simple things you can do to win her heart.
- Take her to dinner on the FIRST date. Show her that you are serious about finding the right woman.
- Don't get up and throw money for half the check on the table and say, "Dutch, right?" Or leave the check untouched in the middle of the table. Pick it up as soon as it arrives. If you aren't ready to pay yet, just set it down next to you. Most women expect that whomever asks the other person out, pays. When she asks you out, it's a nice surprise if YOU pay.
- Tell her that she looks beautiful. Women need to hear that and they will love you for it. But mean it or don't say it.
- Don't pick her up on the first date. Meet her there. But do ask if you can pick her up on the second date. Don't be surprised if it takes until the 4th or 5th date until she says "yes."
- It may sound corny, but do the little polite things men used to do, like stand up when a lady leaves the table. Propose a romantic toast when the wine comes. Hold her hand or put your hand on her back when you cross the street. Walk her to her car, or if you drove, walk her to her door. Don't ask to come in on the first date. Wait at least until date 3 or 4.
- When you kiss her for the first time, look into her eyes, then move in very slowly. If she isn't ready for the kiss, it gives her time to use some body language to let you know.
- It's rude to have other plans with someone else after your date with her. Or even use that as an excuse to leave. Block out your whole evening for her. If you want to leave, be honest but gentle about it.
Being polite is all about being kind, and considering the feelings of the other person. Every woman wants to be treated by a lady.
By BeautifulSoul123, Washington, United States
1. Occasionally address the woman by her first name in order to give the conversation a more intense, intimate feel. For example, if two people are on a date, the male could say: (Name, you look beautiful tonight) rather than simply, you look great. It makes it much more personal and more complementary.
For bonus points, maintain eye contact when speaking to a woman (especially about something important like your feelings for her or when complimenting her). Also, occasionally touch her hand, shoulder, simply brush hair out of eyes, etc.
2. When going on a date, subtly mention before hand that you are picking up the tab. Many times women feel nervous because they may be constantly thinking about the tab and "maybe I shouldn't assume he's going to pay, because what if he doesn't?...awkward." In order to keep things running smoothly, the male could tell the woman something along the lines of "Let me take you out tonight, my treat? You deserve it." Or if they are regularly dating and the male plans on paying every time (as he should), he could say (especially if the woman offers to pay) "Don't even think about it, it's always my pleasure."
All women love surprises. While some may claim they hate surprises, they are usual referring to a spontaneous trip or an unplanned party that can catch some women off guard and cause discomfort. I'm taking about simple surprises. Sending flowers, giving gifts, or anything sweet/sentimental for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. Most guys do not do this very often but it is one of the main things my girlfriends and I wish they did.
For extra bonus points, pay special attention to what your woman is into. If you get her a gift that means something to her (ex: tickets to see a concert of a band YOU KNOW she loves, than she will be even more touched not only because of the generosity but because that means you pay attention to her.
4. Voice your *positive* opinions. Everyone has insecurities but women especially. Almost every woman I know has self-esteem/body/vanity issues even if they are kept hidden from her man and concealed from the rest of the world. When you are with your woman, give her a compliment or a few. Obviously, they should be genuine compliments but rather than thinking them to yourself, share them with your partner. For example, a woman may be secretly self conscious with her bottom half though all it would take for her to automatically feel more confident about it, would be to hear you say how much you love that part of her body. You'd be amazed at what something so little could do for a woman's self esteem...which would, in turn, benefit your sex life as well. Trust me.
5. Chivalry is not dead. Why do you think women love romance novels so much? Channel your inner knight in shining armor and treat your women right. Always hold the door, be respectful, pay for dates, hold her hand, occasionally open the car door, guide her with your hand on her lower back, etc.
6. Be Confident, Not Cocky. It doesn't matter whether your witty and funny or broody and intellectual. It is not attractive when someone is trying to act like someone else. Though, whoever you may be, be confident in that person. Women enjoy being around a man who comes off as capable and self-assured. Though, this doesn't need to be flaunted; it is more of a quite confidence. That is much more appealing than cockiness.
7. Alone time.
While it is extremely thoughtful of a man to give a woman some quality alone time to read, go to the spa, workout, etc. When I say alone time, in this case, I mean together. Date Nights. Regardless of how busy the two of you are or how long you've been together, date nights should never be overlooked or postponed for too long. They are the key ingredient in keeping the "Romantic Spark" alive. Get dressed up, go out, enjoy yourselves. Do whatever it is that you both like to do. This will automatically bind you together and refresh your feelings for one another as you forget daily stresses and bond with one another.
8. Shared Leisure
Aside from date nights, do things together on a daily basis to keep your romance strong. Cooking together can be not only an enjoyable experience but sensual as well. Massages, baths, taking walks together, and breakfast in bed are all ways to spice things up.
That's right. It's as simple as that. Hug and Kiss her! Most couples stop the lovie-dovie stuff after the initial honeymoon period is over but that is SO sad. A simple hug, kiss (or make-out, even better) can change your day in the best way possible.
10. Communication is KEY!
Say I LOVE YOU and mean it. As a general rule, don't just assume the other person is a mind reader. Speak your mind. Tell that person your thoughts whether its I LOVE YOU or that your simply happy to be with them. Also, voice what you like sexually. Once again, not only will that benefit you because your partner will be more confident when doing something they KNOW you like (because you told them) but they will most likely be more comfortable in telling you what they like as well. It's a Win-Win.
By amandasworld579, Pennsylvania, United States
Many times men think that romance is whisking their lady away in a yacht, a plane or a fast car. Many times we think that romance involves lots of money and expensive gifts. While romance can be those things, it can be much simpler to hit the ball out if the park. Romance is really all about the unexpected and the unusual. Sometimes you can have the most romantic times without much effort at all. For example, a surprise picnic in a park or other really beautiful place can be a great romantic time. If you want to be fancy, set up a card table with a tablecloth and a single rose, and use the China and silverware from your home.
Another great suggestion is to simply enjoy nature. Go to a park and spend some time talking while you feed the birds. Afterwards, you can take a long walk while holding hands. If you really want to impress, play some music from your phone and dance out in the wilderness. You will create wonderful memories and an impression that's unique and impressive. It's guaranteed to be a date that neither of you will ever forget.
By ebonyelegance, Virginia, United States
What does it mean to be romantic? When many people hear the word "romance", certain words, phrases and visions come to mind automatically. Indeed, such acts as giving flowers, cards and chocolates can be seen as romantic and are usually appreciated by any woman on the receiving end of such an act.
But doesn't romance extend beyond flowers, cards and candies?
Consider this: In order to be romantic, one must know what the woman he is romancing likes.
As a woman, I love to get flowers. I don't really care what kind they are or how many there are, but I am appreciative of whenever a man gives me flowers. But guess what? I also like love letters. And poems. And red velvet cupcakes. And being serenaded. I could make a list of things that I like that would be considered romantic TO ME. But what is romantic to me might not be as romantic to the next woman.
I encourage you as you get to the know the person you're dating/with, that you take the time to figure out their individual preferences, likes, dislikes, etc. Perhaps your woman likes poetry and you're a decent writer and choose to read a poem to her about how she's been on your mind. Or perhaps you're a horrible writer and you decide to write a quirky poem that evokes your woman's sense of humor because she LOVES to laugh. If your woman loves roses, then by all means, feel free to give her roses. But whatever it is that she likes, try your best to appeal to it.
The purpose in being romantic is to express to your woman that you care about her, and there isn't a better way to do that than by showing that you have taken the time to get to know her as an individual and what she likes.
Please note: I think this is worth stating. As women, we tend to be more emotional than men. But you already knew this right? Well, keep that in mind when you're thinking about doing something YOU might consider 'romantic'. For instance, maybe your woman loves watching dvds and doesn't have a dvd player. Don't buy her a dvd player as a Valentine's day gift. (You may be laughing as you're reading this, but I actually had someone I was dating give me a dvd player as a V-day gift. Not that I wasn't appreciative; it just wasn't romantic!) We women equate romance with acts that express that you care for/desire/adore us; so keep that in mind before you go buying or doing something for her that would be considered much more 'practical' than 'romantic'.
Also, often times it's the simplest things that end up being the most romantic. For instance:
-an unexpected hug/kiss, smile & complement
-a spontaneous phone call to say she was on your mind
-holding her hand/putting your arm around her waist
-leaving a hand written note or greeting card for her after departing from a date
All of the above are examples of simple acts that would be considered romantic. All it takes is a thoughtful moment.
Being genuine and being yourself is an important part of being romantic. If you are doing something just because it's the "textbook romantic thing to do" then chances are your woman will know that. How? Because us women have this little thing called intuition. We can discern when your being genuine. Not to sound cliche, but when it comes to romance, it definitely is "the thought that counts". So know yourself and what you're comfortable with doing.
When you make an honest effort to get to know her and just be yourself, then the romance part is something you won't have to worry about as much; it will just come naturally to you. So have fun with it, be yourself and the rest will take care of itself.
By southernsweety, Georgia, United States.
I personally love a romantic picnic for 2.
1. Pick a quiet place by a lake or creek
2. bring a nice fluffy blanket
3. Bring 2 wine glasses along with a bottle of wine or a non alcohol sparkling beverage
4. Chocolate covered strawberries or some fruit sliced up
5. Cheese,Sliced Meat and some crackers
Then just relax.....get to know each other...share your thoughts and dreams.... Its the perfect setting for a perfect date
By Sheboyganbarbie, Wisconsin, United States
Think about the possibilities! Getting out to an outdoor skating rink, then cozying up near the fireplace. How about a real sleigh-ride? Some skiing followed by a bonfire - snuggled together under a blanket and enjoying the flakes falling from the sky while the flames flicker before you?
By FemmeRenaissance, New York, United States